1.13.2015

Christmas in Cali

We made a last minute decision to go to California for Christmas.
And boy was it a hectic one.
We did all our last minute Christmas shopping in about two days.
Did some maintenance on the car (oil change, tire rotation, etc.).
And then we hit the road.

We left on Friday, December 19th mid afternoon and got to my parent's around 2am.
Jovi did great (as usual), and was SO excited to see my mom when we got there.

Photo taken on my iPhone 

Saturday, December 20th Jake caught up on sleep and I ran some last minute errands/Christmas shopping.
We also went to my parent's ward Christmas party later that evening.
It was so fun running into old friends!

Sunday, December 21st, we went to church at my parent's ward and had Sunday dinner w/the fam afterwards.
The fam, meaning everyone but my brother & his wife, and my sister.

Monday, December 22nd, Jake and I headed up to Kernville to spend the evening and a few nights there.
Jovi had a lot of fun w/her cousin (Ryder), who is 3 months younger.

Photo taken on my iPhone

Tuesday, December 23rd, I caught up on sleep, while Jake went fishing w/his dad & brother.
His Aunt Bonnie & Uncle Dan (and their daughter-in-law, Tracey, and her two kids Martin & Allison), came over later that evening for dinner. 
It was nice to sit & visit w/them during the busy time of the year.

Wednesday, December 24th, we celebrated Christmas Eve at Aunt Bonnie's w/all the other cousins & Jovi got to see everyone again!
It was so much fun getting everyone together, and seeing Jovi open her first Christmas present. 
We then went back to Jake's parents & did Christmas there w/them and his immediate family.
Later that evening, we headed back down to my parents for the remainder of the holidays. 

Thursday, December 25th, CHRISTMAS DAY!!! The biggest day yet! (Other than getting married & having Jovi, of course).
I guess Santa thought she deserved a good first Christmas.
In her stocking she got her own Disney princess chapstick (since she's obsessed w/my Burts Bees), a pink sparkly ball, rubber duckies, measuring cups, and a pink tutu.

She was pretty excited, as you can tell:

She went for the chapstick right away. Great thinkin, Santa!

NOISE MAKERS! That's what those are. Not measuring cups.

Bath toys, anyone?

First present from mom & dad: Foam letters & numbers. We believe in education. 

After we finished opening @ my parent's, we headed to my grandma's house, to open w/my mom's side of the family.

Jovi had to get a picture w/her aunties, since they gave her that ADORABLE Minnie Mouse outfit.
And yes, she she wore that on Christmas day :)

Four generation picture:
My mom's mom, my mom, Jovi, and meeeee

Jovi also got to meet Gabbie (Great Auntie Kel) for the first time!

Friday, December 26th, we headed back to my parent's and got ready for a busy weekend.

Saturday, December 27th, we went to Glendora to celebrate Christmas w/my dad's side of the family. They always get together the Saturday AFTER Christmas.
It was nice for everyone to meet Jovi for the first time :)
She met my Uncle Steve & Aunt Leslie, and my dad's mom over the summer, but other than that- That's it, so there was a lot for her to see. 



Sunday, December 28th, we all went to church together as a family and celebrated my younger brother's Eagle Court of Honor later that night.
We're so proud of you, Austin! Another eagle in the family. YEAH!

Monday, December 29th, we all went to Knott's MERRY Farm as a family, and the grandmas came along.
It was SO much fun and we had beautiful weather all day! (63)

It didn't get chilly until the sun went down.
We enjoyed watching Jovi's reactions, as this was her first amusement park, as was mine.






Oh, and we got photo bombed. Bah!
Left to right. Top to bottom:
Jake, Tyler (my brother), Carlie (his wife), Courtney (my sister), and my dad.
Me, Austin (my youngest brother), Grandma Bailey (dad's mom), G'ma Smith (mom's mom), Kelsey (my sister), and my mom.

Tuesday, December 30th, we took family pictures w/the whole fam since we were all together.
Jake and I went out to dinner later that night. BJs is a must hit when in CA


Wednesday, December 31st New Year's Eve we left California.


We originally weren't planning on leaving until the following day (New Year's Day), but since Jovi was teething really bad & not feeling well, and I caught some sort of sinus infection, Jake and I both decided to just leave and drive home that day. 
We left around 12 noon and got home around 1am.

It was a crazy couple of weeks in California. Not a dull moment & full of traveling.
We definitely took advantage of the cheap gas prices!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love notes