4.06.2015

Easter 2015

This Easter was especially different because LDS General Conference fell on Easter Sunday.
Which (for those of you who may not know) means we're able to hear from our Prophet and Apostles and is televised via satellite and the intraweb.
So instead of going to church on Easter Sunday, or any Sunday, we stayed at home and enjoyed hearing from the speakers (and beautiful Mormon Tabernacle Choir).

It's always a tradition that Jake and I make a nice breakfast, before watching conference.
Since I'm on bed rest and not able to do much, Jake just did part of the tradition & picked up cinnamon rolls from the grocery store, the day before.
They were delicious, and we enjoyed a yummy Easter dinner w/my sister.
This year we decided to do something different for the main dish, though.
Normally we cook a ham, but this year we cooked lamb and ventured out.
It was a recipe from one of Jake's co-worker's mom's. Jake was excited about it!
We had a healthy veggie tray and wheat thins w/creams cheese & salsa, to snack on.
And of course, the traditional deviled eggs. YUM!
We also decided to make Black Angus Bread. If you haven't had it before, google it.
I made my traditional fruit truffle (not pictured), and enjoyed our Sabbath w/loved ones.

Here are a few of our favorite pictures:














The Easter bunny got Jovi new church sandals, and summer sandals (much needed).
We he also got her a cute summer outfit, and filled her basket w/eggs and some of her favorite treats.
She wasn't much of a fan of all the tulle on her basket though...




I hope everyone was able to have an enjoyable, blessed Easter Sunday.
We didn't do an egg hunt w/Jovi this year. I felt she was still too little. We'll have one for her next year though!
I enjoyed reminiscing on last year's Easter, from when Jovi was only  3 weeks old. Man has time flown. It's amazing how much change you can go through in 365 days.
Crazy to think that NEXT Easter, our family will have grown even more! By one whole person!!! And I cannot even BEGIN to tell you how thrilled I am for matching sister dresses on Easter!!!!!
#becauseofhim I am able to spend eternity w/my family and I am so so thankful for our Savior, Jesus Christ, and his atoning sacrifice. For without Christ, we would not be able to atone for our daily sins (I say daily, because I'm no where near perfect). 
I am in constant awe of the blessings I've received, through the atonement and for what our loving Heavenly Father & Jesus Christ have done. 
Every once in awhile I look down @ Jovi and just have one of those "Aha" moments and am so grateful that Heavenly Father has trusted in me (and Jake) to care for this beautiful, little being who I just love more &  more each day. She is such a joy in our little home, and I could not be more grateful to Our Lord and Savior for blessing me w/such a beautiful life. And it's #becauseofhim I can have repentance to be whole again, so I too can return to live w/Him and others who have passed before me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love notes