11.21.2013

20 week ultrasound

Yesterday we had our 20 week anatomy ultrasound.
It was supposed to be on Tuesday, but the ultrasound technician was sick.
I was a little bummed they asked us to reschedule, but of course we understood.
And hey- it was only a day's difference right?
I was just so excited to see our little one on the big screen.
The last time we saw her on TV was five weeks ago, when we did our 15 week gender check.
We met w/our doctor two weeks ago, for my 18 week appointment, but no ultrasound then.

At this point, we've had three ultrasounds total and I've loved every one of them.

We had one at 7 weeks.
We had one at 15 weeks.
And now we have one for 20 weeks.

I'm buildin a collection here folks!

I realize others may have more, but we're not talking about anyone but us right now.

Back to our ultrasound appointment…
I was really excited to get in there, to make sure she was still a she.
It might sound weird, I know, but I know of a few people who have found out the gender early, and have been proven wrong later.
15 weeks was pretty early to find out, so I was still hesitant. 

She's definitely still a she. She was a little shy, but we got in there.
My kid? Shy?!?! She can't be mine. There's no way.

If you recall our last ultrasound (at 15 weeks), our little girl had her legs crossed.
Same thing yesterday. She had one leg crossed over the other. 
Just sittin' in there. Chillin.
We had the same, sweet ultrasound technician as last time and she was great. Again.
She looked at the brain at all different angles, and it looked normal.
She looked at the heart chambers at all different angles, and it looked normal.
She looked at any facial features that could be deformed (nose, cleft lip, etc.) and they all looked normal.
I was relived to say the least.
I was happy to see I was doing my part as a mother, and that taking my prenatal every day has helped w/my child's development. 
Every parent wants to hear their child is looking healthy & normal. Every parent.
In the womb or not.

Our little girl was confirmed breach. That is all subject to change though.
Our doctor didn't seem too worried about it & said she'd probably change positions before delivery.
Gosh I hope so. Please don't cut me open and put my insides on my outside. Please!

Our little girl was also confirmed to be completely folded in half!
She was pulling her legs all the way over her head. That crazy!
This top picture shows her doing a toe touch type thing:
(The top picture is her head on the left of the ultrasound & her leg coming up & over almost)

And of course the last picture she has a gang sign she's thrown' us. 
She is very much so an active baby, and the lower part of her body was in the 87th percentile.
Meaning she's very tall and long legged.
Would I expect anything less? My husband is over 6 ft. and I'm 5'8''
I'm just glad I have a long torso to carry her. This will be fun!

We ordered a video of the entire ultrasound we got.
I posted a clip of it on my Instagram and added one of my favorite songs to it as well.
I hope you all are able to see it. It's the cutest thing. 
Her little toe touch in action is the best!

My doctor told me I was measuring ahead.
He's still keeping my due date the same (April 6th), but he said I'm probably close to 22 weeks at this point.
Wahoo! This pregnancy is just flying' by! Two weeks just came & went like nothin' (wink wink)

2 comments:

  1. She is BEAUTIFUL.... I am in love already... She has beautiful legs....and the sweetest face.... I can't wait to hold her.... May/June isn't that far off.... I am so excited.... (it's mama not Johannah)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't worry. My baby didn't flip until I was almost 30 weeks pregnant. She's got plenty of time :)

    ReplyDelete

Love notes