11.19.2013

Preggo Eggo Update- Week 18


How many weeks?: 18 weeks and 2 days.
Size of Baby: A mango (6 inches 8.5 oz) and is 6 inches long. Baby's developing a protective  coating over her skin (called vernix caseosa). It's greasy and white, and will be seen at birth. 
Countdown: 22 weeks left. 145 days to go!
Total weight gain/loss: 
 Maternity Clothes?: Still heck to the yeah. I can still wear a few of my non-maternity shirts (that were really big before pregnancy), but I'm filling them in a lot more now.
Energy Levels: My body is hurting more and more, because my uterus is growing/stretching and the baby is growing (a ton) right now. I'm not sleeping a ton at night, due to all this, so definitely not much of energy (just due to lack of sleep). I go through spurts. Nothing like my first trimester though. That was bad. I'm doing a lot better compared to my first trimester. 
Exercise Habits: A little more walking. We went on a Costco date night, and I forced myself to walk around, even though it hurt. A lot. 
Sleeping?I always look at my phone (when I wake up in the middle of the night), to see what time it is/how often I'm waking up. I feel like I'm waking up more and more now. I think it's due to the fact that my uterus is growing & my bladder is getting weaker & weaker. I'm not sleeping very much, due to that, and due to my hips hurting. Ouch!
Worst Moment in the past 2 weeks: Last week, spotting. Scared the wazoo out of me! 
Best Moment in the past 2 weeks Feeling flutters getting stronger & higher! I'm recognizing them a lot better now, and don't have to hold as still to feel them. 
Miss anything?: Being able to walk normal?
Movement: Yes way! I stuck a flashlight up to my stomach the other night ('cuz I heard if you do that, the baby can sense the light w/o being blinded, and you'll be able to feel movement). She fluttered like crazy after that and I loved it. I was laughing so hard 'cuz it was so funny. Jake was saying I was a bad mom for blinding our baby! Ha! 
Morning Sickness?: Mornings are still really hard for me. I have to drink just a little bit of coke in the morning, and have a little bit of salt (to get me going), then I'm fine. 
Food Cravings: I never thought this would happen in this pregnancy, but it did- I craved dessert, and now that I've had quite a lot of it (mainly ice cream) I can't stop! 
Food Aversions: Spices. I can't eat anything w/a lot of spices. Baby gets confused, and spicy foods give me really bad heart burn, which in turn lead to acid reflex throw up. Meh.
Showing yet?: Baby is nice and high and straight out there. Oh yes. 
Labor signs: None. Thank goodness.
Moods: I get emotional real easy. Like baby clothes? I get teary eyed. It's lame. 
Not Looking Forward to: Not much. There really isn't much I'm not looking forward to. I was dreading stretch marks, but I have this amazing stretch cream, and it's been doing wonders. I really just dread/fear the actual labor/delivery. There are so many uncertainties & things that can go wrong. There- I picked something I'm not looking forward to. 
Looking Forward To: Seeing our little one today. We have our 18 week ultrasound and I cannot be happier to see our little princess again. It's been three weeks since we last saw her little face, and I am just so anxious to see her growth & development. Jake and I are both pretty tall, so I'm excited to see how long her little legs are, and to make sure everything is healthy & normal.


1 comment:

  1. Great update, Aubre! My name is Heather and I was hoping you could answer a question about your blog! My email is Lifesabanquet1(at)gmail(dot)com :-)

    ReplyDelete

Love notes