Presley is eight months old!
Our Sweet P turned 8 months old last Friday (01/15). I think to myself, far too often, that it feels LITERALLY like yesterday that we brought her home. She's just growing so much & so fast. Here's the latest & greatest:
- I've come to terms to just accept and move on w/the fact that she can roll (and will, when she wants to), but that it's just not in her personality to constantly be moving, unless she wants to or has to.
- Has a tooth (bottom left), but it's just kind of there.
- Loves to kicks humans. Ha!
- Takes about 2 naps during the day (one in the morning around 9:30 for about an hour to two hours), and one in the afternoon when her sister goes down @ 1pm (and that nap's usually around 3 hours). She's pretty much dropped her pre-sleep nap, but sometimes she does like to take a little nap before bed time. It's the Papa Joe in her.
- Really likes chewing on momma and dada's phone cases. I've decided it has nothing to do w/the phone itself. It's the actual case and rubber on the sides. It's almost like her own little teething ring.
- Has really picked up the whole baby food thing. In fact, she still loves squash & sweet potatoes, but has really gotten the hang of the fruits now. She digs apples, pears, and peaches, but struggles w/bananas. Girl, I don't blame you.
- Still growls. A lot.
- Has started saying Dada. We think.
- Eats more baby food than formula. We're trying to ween her slowly off formula, so it's not that hard of a transition when she turns 12 months. We just try not to give her as much as often. We still give it to her though. It's good for her at this age still.
- Sits up and plays in her Pack 'N Play. She can even sit up (on her own) on the floor too. She does so well & has so much fun! It's so cute to see her reach for all her toys.
- Is pretty close to pulling herself up, from the laying down position.
- Can almost pop herself out of her Bumbo. I'm thinking it's almost time for the high chair!
- Does really really well sitting up in the bath tub. She doesn't kick & splash as much as when she's laying down, but it's still fun to see her playing w/the water. And it's easier to clean her back and back of her baby head.
- Loves facetiming and thinks it's all about her. In fact, she will growl (or make ANY house she can), so we pay attention to her. She's starting to recognize my mom's face and voice and gets really excited when the camera's on her.
- And got her first cold this winter, but handled it so so well. She was so close to getting RSV but luckily didn't, and only ended up w/a sinus and ear infection and a little bit of wheezing. We did breathing treatments on her every 4 hours, for 2 weeks, but other than that, she did great and didn't ONCE complain. She was just a very cuddly baby. What's new?!?! We love our Sweet P!