2.03.2013

The Strain's

For Thanksgiving, we went up to Maryland's house in Boise, Idaho.
While we were there, we took family pictures. It was nice to have everyone there.

Here are a few (on my camera) that I like:



We had a Strain traditional chicken enchilada Thanksgiving dinner
and I made delicious pumpkin rolls for dessert

of course there were pies too

Photo taken on my iPhone

Photo taken on my iPhone

It was interesting spending Thanksgiving with my in-laws and getting to know some of their traditions. I definitely missed the usual turkey dinner w/left over turkey sandwiches for days, and I died a little bit inside, when I found out they don't participate in sweet potato casserole or Black Friday, but I managed. 
I think the hardest part about Thanksgiving 2012, was the fact that my WHOLE family was in California while my grandpa was in the hospital. 
That wasn't supposed to be the plan. We were all supposed to spend Christmas together, in California, and take a big group family photo. Hence this holiday in Idaho. If we would've stuck to the original plan, it would have been the first (big) family photo in over ten years. With everyone; However, change of plans and everyone ended up being in California, instead of with their in-laws. Everyone except me and my siblings, of course. They stayed in Idaho (where they're going to school), but still. It was hard (mentally) being with my in-laws, when my heart was in California. 
I hope to be able to get to know my in-laws better and exchange more family traditions in the future. Happy Turkey Day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love notes