2.01.2013

One year... Too late

Well... I told you all (below) I'd update my blog about our anniversary
And here we are. Over three months later
My only excuse? Nothing

We pretty much spent our anniversary in Salt Lake City (where we were married), and Park City.

Photo taken on my iPhone




We had dinner at The Cheesecake Factory and walked around here...


Park City was a beautifully, warm, sunny, fall day and we loved watching the Olympic team practice/compete. 

Jake ordered our wedding cake (from the same shop) for our anniversary. 
A fresh new one tasted amazing. Not freezer burn!
And- can I get a HOLLAH for the hubster doing this?!!

Photo taken on my iPhone

We've always had this tradition (since we were dating), that we wouldn't exchange cards (for those special occasions). We would (instead) exchange love letters. And so the tradition lives on. Except, this time, my love letter from Jake, was a tad bit different. It was in a bottle. It was a message in a bottle. The best part was, my little hubster went to Hobby Lobby (my favorite craft store), and he bought craft paper and a craft bottle ALL ON HIS OWN! He wrote THE sweetest words on parchment paper & he done me proud.
PS- I've always heard you should exchange WOOD on your one year anniversary? I'm not exactly sure why, but my only assumption is, that wood is solid and I think if you've made it to your one year wedding anniversary (happily),that that's saying something pretty solid about your love. That's my philosophy anyhow. 
So we exchanged love letters, and my present for the hubster, was to gather all our love letters (back from when we were dating) and tie them together in a twine bow. It was pretty fun to go back & re-read them, even though it wasn't YEARS ago. It was just fun/interesting to go back & see the highlights from specific time periods. I still remember one of the first love letters he ever wrote me... I got a little teary-eyed. His letters and words are THE sweetest things EVER and I cherish them. 

Photo taken on my iPhone


Happy one year anniversary Papa Bear! Here's to many more!!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love notes