5.12.2014

Jovi's Baby Blessing



Last Sunday, we had the opportunity to bless our little Jovi.
(There was a total of three baby blessings that day.)

Jovi got to wear my dress that I wore on my blessing day!!!!!

What a special day it was & what sweet words her dad said.
Thank you to everyone who came & helped. We truly appreciate it.
Here are a few family pictures, from the special day. 
And what a beautiful day it was. Perfect 80 degree weather.

Aubre . Jake . Jovi

The whole shebang from my side of the family
(left to right)
Sterling, Kristin, Ava, Kelsey, Courtney
Aubre, dad, Jake, Jovi, Austin
Mom, Tyler, Carlie, grandma and Maddie & Brooklyn down in front

Albert's and Strain's
(left to right)
Johannah, McKenzie, Melissa, Bryan, Papa Joe, Aubre, Jake, Jovi
Austin, Grammy, dad, grandma, Tyler, mom, Carlie, Kelsey & Courtney

The Strain's
(left to right)
Melissa, Bryan, Aubre, Jake, Jovi, Papa Joe, Grammy, McKenzie and Johannah

The Albert's
(left to right)
Kelsey, Courtney, Austin, Aubre, Jake, Jovi, Tyler, Carlie, mom and dad

After the luncheon at our house, we took family pictures with my immediate family.
We haven't taken these since my brother first came home from his mission.
It had been a few years, so it was nice.


We are a happy family! Sing it now :)











Of course the only good picture I get of her on Nana's blanket, is this one.
One of her with her pacifier in her mouth. We'll have to shop that out later. 

My mom made this beaut-iful blanket for Jovi, for her baby blessing.

We want to thank everyone who came out for the blessing; Especially those who traveled.
We had family traveling from Arizona, Idaho, and California.
It was so nice having everyone here. I loved it & miss it terribly
Please come back. Please?!?!
After all was said & done, I realized we didn't get any pictures of the men who stood in the circle. 
I want to thank all those who were worthy enough to participate in such a special day. 
It was a very big event for us & we feel eternally grateful for those who helped make it extra special. 
Circle: Our bishop (Bishop Marshall), my dad (Russ), my brother (Tyler), Jake's dad (Papa Joe), Jake's brother (Bryan), Sterling Steele (my cousin's husband), Ryan Taggart (childhood friend), Sean Welsh (friend & co-worker), Matt Bassinger (friend & old co-worker), Mark Lyman (friend & old room mate), Tim Coles (friend & old room mate), and Steve Pugmire (friend & old co-worker).
I know it may sound silly that Jake had so many co-workers, old co-workers, old roomies, etc. but these are people who Jake has looked up to, admired, and been good friends with, for quite a few years now. 
We have both lived in Utah for over five years, and to NOT have any of these men stand in the circle, would have felt like a family member was missing.
I, also, have grown close w/these people & their wives. I love every single one of them & consider them family. 
Thank you for being the shinning examples you are, and for helping make our day as special as it was. 
Special thanks to my totally awesome sister (Kelsey) for taking these pictures and editing them. MUAH!

Jovi Ann, your dad and I love you very very much & hope you grow a close relationship with your Father in heaven. 
Jake, thank you for being a worthy Priesthood holder, so you could bless our daughter, and thank you for the sweet sweet words in which were spoken. You made this mama bear cry and I loved hearing your testimony afterwards. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love notes