5.30.2014

Two month stats

Jovi is two months old!

I know last month I posted a little late, and now this month I'm posting a little late (again), but that just goes to show how busy things are around here & where my blogging priorities are. I apologize. The nursery has been a little high maintenance lately, so when that's 100% complete I'll post pictures :) but for now- clearly that's where I've been occupying my time & not here. Forgive me?

Here's what Jovi's been up to as of 05/15 (when her two month check-up was):

- Sticks her tongue ALL the way out now, and not just a little (like a puppy dog).
- Doesn't like being swaddled anymore, and if you try- She'll just kick & squirm her way out of it.
- Has discovered she doesn't like having her feet covered. You can put a blanket on her, but (just like her dad), has to have her feet out. I hear that's hereditary, and a few people in Jake's family are that way, so….
- Talks and babbles ALL the time. They're not just little coo noises anymore. I'm certain they're full on sentences.
- Smiles constantly and is most happy in the morning. 
- Loves being on her changing table & smiles EVERY time she's put on there.
- Likes bath time more & more each day. We just have to put a space heater in the bathroom to make it extra warm & have one person pour water on her (mom) while the other person scrubs (dad), to help keep warm. 
- Drinks anywhere from 3-6 ounces on the daily. It usually averages somewhere around 4 or 5 most days though.
- Loves snuggles STILL and will fall asleep best/longest when in bed w/mommy in the morning after her 7am feeding.
- Can put her own self to sleep in her bassinet/swing, when tired.
- Has been holding her head up since the hospital, but now has better control & stability & LOVES to look around at things.
- Pushes herself up when lying on your chest/over your shoulder. I think she'll be an early crawler!
- Likes to use her legs and stand up on your lap A LOT. Her legs are VERY strong and she almost likes to bounce when doing this. 
- Weighs 9.77 pounds and is in the 21st percentile for weight.
- She's 21 inches long and is in the 6th percentile for height & growing as we speak.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Love notes