5.15.2014

My First Mother's Day (as a mom)

I had a wonderful first Mother's Day as a mom.

Jake took Jovi into the living room, both Friday and Saturday night, so I could get a full night's sleep over the weekend.

Sunday morning, Jake made a delicious breakfast:
Eggs, biscuits, cinnamon rolls and a delicious fruit platter. 




I've (obviously) celebrated many Mother's Days with my mom and grandma. This year was my first year as mom though, so it was different.
Jake went to Hobby Lobby and made a cute card.
In our house, we don't buy cards. We exchange love letters during special occasions (birthdays, anniversaries, etc.)
He made a sweet card and wrote a sweet note in there from him, and another note from Jovi.
He put her hand on a pink (non-toxic) ink pad, to get her handprint while she was sleeping.
Now that's one card I'll keep forever!
When I opened the card, I saw Jovi's message first, since it was on the right hand side, so  naturally I read her note first :) It was so cute. Misspelt words 'n all. Just as if she wrote it herself. 
Jake made me a little coupon book, that had messages in it saying "Good for counting sheep" or "Good for uninterrupted sleep." I'll definitely be taking advantage of those!
The last coupon was telling me to go get some clothes that fit. Ha.
Never did I think my hips would expand, as much as they did, during pregnancy.
Needless to say, nothing really fits anymore, other than his basketball shorts, over sized shirts, and my old maxi skirts.
To the mall I go!!! Thanks Kelsey (my sister) for being willing to come w/as my stylist! 
I'm afraid I've lost all styles as a mom. Ha

I feel so blessed to be this sweet little girl's mom. 
The love for her is undescribable and it just grows & grows every day.
I'm especially thankful to my Heavenly Father for trusting me to be her Earthly mother & take care of her.
I love our little Jovi so much, and thoroughly enjoy being HER mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love notes