7.16.2014

California

Friday, June 27th- Leave UT and arrive in Bakersfield late that night.
Saturday, June 28th- Hang out in Bakersfield & have a pool day.
Sunday, June 29th- Attend church w/Aubre's parents in Bakersfield.
Monday, June 30th- Leave Bakersfield to drive to Pismo to stay night.
Tuesday, July 1st- Leave Pismo to drive to SLO to stay night.
Wednesday, July 2nd- Leave SLO and arrive in Bakersfield that night.
Thursday, July 3rd- Aubre & Jovi in Bakersfield. Jake gone fishing.
Friday, July 4th- Albert's annual 4th of July party & BBQ.
Saturday, July 5th- Leave Bakersfield to drive to Kernville to stay night.
Sunday, July 6th- Leave Kernville to drive back home to UT.

The first day we were there, we just kinda chilled and visited Nana at work. She's all about showin off that baby!
We did our traditional Los Hermanos dinner later that evening and boy was it delicious! 


Photo taken on my iPhone


Saturday, Jovi had her first swim in Nana's pool & loved it! (I have never had a more relaxing Saturday)

Sunday, we went to church in my parent's ward & visited w/Jake's grandma afterwards.
It was so nice seeing Meme meet her new great granddaughter for the first time. 


Meme and Jovi
(I feel like Jovi looks naked w/o a headband)

Photo taken on my iPhone

Monday, we headed to Pismo a litter later than planned. (When do you ever leave on time w/a baby?!?!)
I was very excited to stay w/the people we were staying with, on Monday.
Jake knew this couple from awhile back & had quite the history w/them.
He had never met their kids, and I had never met this sweet family. I had only heard nothing but great things about this family, so I was very excited.
I had been friends w/the wife (Jessica) on social media ever since Jake and I were dating (just before we got engaged).
I never thought we'd be able to meet, since we lived in different states, but I always knew that the day we did meet, we'd be great friends instantly. And that we were!
We (unfortunately) didn't get a picture of all of us together, but we did get one of our little girls!
(Jessica and I were pregnant at the same time & had due dates just a few days apart. Jovi ended up coming three weeks early, as many of you know, so our babies are almost a whole month apart now).
Jovi and Brielle

Photo taken on my iPhone

We took Jovi the famous… You guessed it… Splash cafe! (It's a must when you go there).
Jake and I have each been here several times. It was fun to take Miss J

Photo taken on my iPhone








Tuesday late afternoon, we left Pismo and headed to the San Luis area, to stay at Jake's cousin's house.

I had never met his cousin, but I've met her husband.

He used to come up to Utah & go snowboarding w/Jake waaay back in the day.
Jovi had fun playing w/their little boy, who was 11 months old at the time. He was such a doll and we enjoyed a delicious BBQ that night, in their cute 'lil backyard.
Wednesday morning, we headed out towards the Avila Beach area, together.
We had fun walking the pier, and eating lunch on the pier together.
And then we had to say goodbye to the beach.
Back to flaming hot Bakersfield we went.

We got back to my parent's house early Wednesday evening and I crashed!
Jake went fishing early Thursday morning, so my mom and I just hung out @ the house w/Jovi, while we waited for my g'ma to get there.
It was so much fun to just hang out at the house together. Just us girls :) And Austin :)

Jovi & GG

Photo taken on my iPhone

Jovi and Nana

Photo taken on my iPhone

Friday was the 4th and boy did we have fun!
We woke up early Friday morning, and went to the annual BBQ put on by the church.
(When we first moved to Bakersfield July 1999 we went to the 4th of July breakfast, to meet everyone we'd be going to church with. It's become a tradition w/my family, that we go every year to this breakfast).

Uncle Austin and Jovi had fun together

Photo taken on my iPhone

Photo taken on my iPhone

Photo taken on my iPhone

We did the traditional fireworks in my parent's front yard. These were a few of my faves (no editing):




Saturday morning we left for Kernville, to see Jake's family.
Nana cried.
Pretty sure she's cried every time she leaves Jovi. It's the sweetest.
We continued the 4th of July festivities at Uncle Dan & Aunt Bonnie's house.
It sits right up on the lake, and has a beautiful view of the Isabella area.
Photo taken on my iPhone

Photo taken on my iPhone

That pretty much sums up our California trip.
We left for home (Utah) Sunday around noon.
We had such a great time & enjoyed spending time w/everyone.
Thank you to all, for your wonderful hospitality. We absolutely appreciate it. 
Jovi was such a good little traveler the whole time.
She went through so many changes (elevation changes, time change, environment change), and did so so so good. We could not have been more impressed

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love notes