7.11.2014

Jovi's first road trip & swim!

On Thursday, June 26th we left for California.
This would be Jovis' first big road trip yet. I was so excited!
We decided to leave after Jake got off work so we didn't mess up Jovi's schedule.
And that we did. She did so well too! I was very impressed.
We stopped twice for gas, and each time we fed her.
After every feeding, she went right back to sleep in her car seat.
She was such a good traveler, for not even being four months old.
That's my baby! And a good baby at that!
(We intended on leaving RIGHT after Jake got off work... 2-3 hours later we hit the road)

We saw a beautiful sunset just before we hit Cedar City

Photo taken on my iPhone
We arrived in B-town early Friday morning (4:30) and had a nice visit before we went to sleep.

Over the weekend, we hung out at the pool and had fuuun in the suuuun

Jovi had her first swim at nana and grandpa's house in Bakersfield.
She dipped her tootsies in their pool for the first time. And loved it.








Jake was so sweet w/Jovi as soon as they got in the water together.
Of course I wanted to be the first one to hold her, as she got in the water for the first time, but SOMEONE had to take pictures. It's not just a job for anyone on your iPhone.
I had to bust out my Canon for this event!

As you can tell, my parents love her.
But my dad- Really?!?! Watching those two is priceless. I just love it!
Jovi loves talking to my dad & telling him stories.
Clearly she was babbling to him about SOMETHING serious, while he was holding her in the pool.
My mom loved snuggling her little grand baby in the water. And Jovi was so calm w/her!
It was so sweet to see her get excited & kick her feets in the pool.
I love watching her try all these new things & get excited when she learns something.
She's such a good baby.
PS- She fell asleep right before we were supposed to put her in the pool.
That's right. She had sunscreen on & all. So what did we do? Take her inside & let her sleep in her swimsuit of course!
It took way too much effort lathering her up & getting her all dressed.
Our sweet little water baby. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love notes