3.11.2015

Jovi's 12 month pictures & cake smash

We had Jovi's 12 month pictures done @ Camera Shy in Lehi
(the same studio who took our maternity pictures)
I thought it'd be fun to take the photos myself, like I've always done w/her
Except for the fact that I'm 28 weeks pregnant & huge.
Also, I really wanted to enjoy her eating cake for the first time & didn't want to have to "work" or be stressed for that perfect picture.
So, I decided to just hire someone to do it for me. And boy am I glad I did.
It was so nice to just have Jake and I watch our baby girl running around, playing.
She bonded w/the photographer right away, and had no stranger danger.
Should I have been worried?
She was so sweet (in these first two photos, and always), running towards Jake. 
Jake got on the floor by the camera, and she just took off running towards him.
It was so cute & reminded me just how much it melts my heart seeing the two of them together.
They really do have a special daddy/daughter bond and I love how excited she gets to see him.

The studio had bunnies out, for their Easter mini sessions.
The photographer asked if we'd be interested in some photos w/them and I thought sure why not.
So so so glad I did.
This girl is such an animal lover & went to them right away.
We got the sweetest facial expressions out of her & she was so happy.
I guess it shouldn't really surprise me, as Jake loves animals, and she went to my mom's dog right away, upon first meeting.
I guess it just kinda concerns me that she's not the least bit hesitant to try new things.
It's a good thing and a bad thing. I'd rather have her be curious than timid though.

When the bunnies first came out, Jovi was in a wooden crate and the bunnies were on the floor.
Jovi was so confused & you could tell her wheels were turning. She wanted to get to them!
The photographer eventually took Jovi out of the crate & let one bunny roam around.
It was crawling on Jovi's leg & Jovi was so excited! Hahaha She was squealing!
She really enjoyed her birthday cake & we had a blast watching her figure it out.
I love watching this girl get excited over the little things in life.
We had 60 pictures total, and ALL of them are uh-mazing, but I won't upload all 60 to this post.
I'll just post a few (15ish?)
ENJOY!















I wish so many things for her, as she conquers this new year in life. I wish so many things in general; Especially when I think about the upcoming years w/challenges and trials she'll have to overcome.
I've always wondered and hoped that she would just know how much Jake and I love and adore her. No matter what she does, says, looks like, smells like :) or wears. She is our baby and I love her more than words describe. I can't find words for it. Ever.
We are constantly trying to think of ways we can better any situation for her; Wether it be her fussing when we first lay her down at night (only for a few minutes, but still- We are saddened when we see her sad), or wether we think of upcoming activities we can do w/her. She is always at our best interest, and we want more than anything for her to have the best life she deserves. 
A favorite country group of mine, said it best when they first wrote this song, "My Wish." This is what I wish for you, baby girl. You will always be my baby and I will always love you forever- To infinity (or eternity) and beyond.

I hope the days come easy and the moments pass slow
And each road leads you where you want to go
And if you’re faced with the choice and you have to choose
I hope you choose the one that means the most to you
And if one door opens to another door closed
I hope you keep on walkin’ ‘til you find the window
If it’s cold outside, show the world the warmth of your smile
But more than anything, more than anything

[Chorus:]
My wish for you
Is that this life becomes all that you want it to
Your dreams stay big, your worries stay small
You never need to carry more than you can hold
And while you’re out there gettin’ where you’re gettin’ to
I hope you know somebody loves you
And wants the same things too
Yeah, this is my wish

I hope you never look back but you never forget
All the ones who love you
And the place you left
I hope you always forgive and you never regret
And you help somebody every chance you get
Oh, you find God’s grace in every mistake
And always give more than you take
But more than anything, yeah more than anything

This is my wish
I hope you know somebody loves you
May all your dreams stay big

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love notes