8.13.2013

Bryan and Melissa's Wedding

Jake's brother (Bryan) got married on Saturday, July 6th, 2013
We definitely started off our 4th of July with a bang!
Wedding guests started arriving the weekend before and it was just... crazy
I'm not gonna lie and say things were all peachy. It's a wedding.
When does that ever happen? It doesn't. 

The 450 mini cupcakes that they had at their wedding?...
.....Were made by yours truly 

These cupcakes were vanilla with a chocolate hazelnut frosting, made from scratch.
The frosting that is.

They also had edible pearls on them.

Photo taken on my iPhone

These cupcakes were chocolate with a buttermilk frosting, made from scratch.
Again... The frosting made from scratch. Not the cupcakes.

And of course, edible pearls. 

My friend (Cari) helped me w/the piping and baking.
I could not have done it w/o her. 
My sisters were also around to help w/the baking & reception set up.

Photo taken on my iPhone

The wedding was a country western, vintage theme.
They used tan/brown, mint green, and yellow for their colors and lilies, roses and sunflowers for their.... flowers, duh.


The groomsmen 

Bryan and Jake

And here we all are, as Strain's, in our cowboy/girl get up


Oh it was such a warm day. Beautiful, but warm. 
We had quite the time preparing all the food and drinks at the reception.
Any time there's a wedding in the family, you better be sure Jake's parents will be some how involved in the food.
They are excellent cooks!
We all helped pitch in w/the cost of food. I'm sure Costco appreciated our business that week!
Happy wedding day, Bryan and Melissa! I always knew we'd be sisters ;) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love notes