8.27.2013

Tortilla Bar

I just wanted to take a quick minute to give a shout out to Tortilla Bar.
It's been on our bucket list for awhile. Now we can check it off our list.
When I say our bucket list, I mean mine and Cari's.
You see- Sean and Cari had their baby a couple weeks ago
and the night before she went in to be induced, the four of us decided to go out.
We chose this lovely place since we'd been wanting to go for awhile. 
Boy was it yummy. And so beautifully presented too!

I present to you a delicious onion, avocado and grape salad.
I would've never thought to combine these ingredients into one dish
But no mistake here. Absolutely delicious!

Photo taken on my iPhone

This was their fancy version of a quesadilla.
They put mozzarella, butter, and garlic in a bowl w/peppers
and they cut up corn tortillas into little triangles. 
Perf
I crave it on the daily.

Photo taken on my iPhone

And here is our dessert. A popsicle
It was strawberry flavored with salt crystals on top
Oh. And a flower for decoration 

Photo taken on my iPhone

The Tortilla Bar is located off Orem State Street next to Wendy's, across the street from the Sprouts shopping center. 
We went on a Thursday night and made reservations ahead of time, which I highly recommend. If you go on a weekend, you might be S-O-L when it comes to seating. People are usually lined up out the door and waiting for hours. Seating is very limited. It just goes to show how popular and loved this place is.
It's a locally grown restaurant, meaning their menu changes daily, according to the local crops at that time. The prices are a little on the steep end, but not too much. We each ordered an appetizer, two main entrees, and two desserts to share. We walked out of there spending about $60 so not too bad, but the portions are small. Very small.
Everything served there is all organic, freshly grown from local farms, and delicious. I highly recommend it to any of the locals and cannot wait to go back! I pass it daily, as it's right down the street from our house. Bring on the temptation! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love notes