10.27.2013

Gender Reveal


Last week, Jake and I found out the gender of our baby!
Tuesday 10/15/2013 @ 4:15pm
A date which will go down in history. Oh yes. 

Below is a photo of the gender reveal we sent to our families in CA
and some close family friends as well
My sister and I designed them and I made the scratch offs from home.
Super easy. Just soap and water. I got the recipe off google.

Photo taken on my iPhone

I thought for sure the work day would go by so slow. It didn't.
Much to my surprise, the day flew by. Jake and I both thought so.
Weird.
For some reason, that day felt unreal.
Could I really be 15 weeks and 2 days pregnant?
(Yes, I'm still having a hard time comprehending the fact that we're expecting)
The day felt so unreal, I called my doctor's office to confirm the appointment.
What?!! Who does that?!?! (Cough cough- This girl)

I leave work early, and meet Jake at home.
We anxiously get in the car and drive to my doctor's office.
It felt like the world's longest drive.
Not only because I was anxious to get there & know!!!!
...But because I chugged a whole lotta apple juice and had to go!
I thought you had to have a full bladder for an ultrasound.
Did anyone call me and tell me that? No. I just always thought.
Boy was I wrong.
Well, I guess technically I wasn't.
You just don't need to have AS full a bladder, when you're in your 2nd trimester.
I guess it's only when you're in your 1st trimester.
I should've known. I can clearly look down and see my uterus pushing everything up... Whatevs.
Needless to say- I was anxious to get in there for more than the obvious. 

We check in at the front desk and one of my favorite receptionists says
and I quote
"You're just here for the gender check, right?"
I replied, "JUST?!?!"
Who did this lady think she was? Definitely not my favorite anymore.
I guess she just wanted to clarify that I wouldn't be meeting w/the doctor afterwards... Whatevs.
She needs to clarify that. Ha.

I got pulled into the back, to drop off some lab work and have some blood drawn.
I'll have you know, I still have a nice bruise from that. Yeah...

After the lab, the ultrasound technician meets us at the nurses station
and the rest is history!

Not really.

She actually pulled us back right away & got right to business. 
Oh man- This was it. We're goin in!

She sits me back on this nice reclining chair, gives me a little towel, slaps the goo on my speed bump and away she went.
I was nice & relaxed. The lights were off, I had my phone out
and oh yeah- back to what was actually happening...

There was a baby on the screen! This beautiful little face showed itself.
I was in heaven already. I didn't need to know the gender of our baby.
I didn't care. I was just peachy watchin our little one move around!
And boy was that baby movin around!
I apologized to the ultrasound technician for drinking too much apple juice.
In my defense, I heard that helps get the baby movin.
I FEARED the baby would just sit still in one position & not be cooperative.
So, of course I overdo it on the apple juice. I had to right?
Better to be safe than sorry, I always say.
That kid was a bouncin around. Summersaults 'n all.
Weird that I couldn't feel any of it though.
Yet I could clearly see it happening, right in front of me.

Anyway, let's get down to business.
(As if all this nonsense above isn't)
The ultrasound technician was so sweet. You could tell she loved her job.
She really took her time w/us and was just the best.
She made our first experience awesome, to say the least.
She was showing us the baby's arm, the legs...
...Which BTW were crossed...
And I immediately said it must be a girl because they were crossed.
HA. Who was I kidding?!?! I knew it was a boy. From day one.
Before our little one was even conceived.
Mother's instincts right?
Nah. I was wrong. Dead wrong.
The ultrasound technician was trying to get a good shot to show us her parts.
But really, she said she already knew before that
(And yeah- just didn't say anything. I know. rude, huh?!?)
So, she tells us we're having a girl and I was shocked. 
Just shocked! 
I said "It's a girl?!?!"
Bows, pink, and sparkles went running through my head. 
I would've been excited either way.
Neither me nor Jake had a preference.
We just wanted a baby, and that was the honest truth.

Here are the photos we took on the 4th of July before we even got pregnant





Photo taken on my iPhone

Once I knew all our family and close friends had their gender reveals
(or received this picture message shown below)
I decided it was time to wear the gender reveal shirt to work.
This will also be part of my Halloween costume. Whatcha think?
Yeah, I'm pregnant during the Halloween holiday. I'm gonna have fun with it!

Photo taken on my iPhone

I may or may not have already started making her bows/headbands.
Heaven knows I've only just begun.
She needs one for every holiday!... I need lots more made!

Photo taken on my iPhone

Jake and I (of course) had a few boy names picked out, and a few girl names picked out, so we are definitely prepared. 
The two girl names we've decided on, are family names (the middle names at least), and we both feel really good about them.
I will say though, that we are not committing to anything, until we get a good long take at our little princess. 
We want to make sure she looks like the name we chose for her.
We want to make sure she acts like the name we chose for her.
What's in a name?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love notes