10.13.2013

Baby Strain due April 6th, 2014


For those of you who haven't heard...
I am pregnant and due April 6th, 2014!
Hoping our little (or big one) isn't born on April Fools' Day.

Here's the baby announcement we've been sharing w/everyone.
We actually made this little sign on the 4th of July w/sparklers, not knowing we were pregnant yet.

I face timed my parents the night of their wedding anniversary
(which was the day after I took a test and found out)
and they were beyond thrilled.
When I called them, all I did was hold up this sign so they couldn't see my face.
My dad just screamed "WAHOO!" and then my mom chimes in...
Bring on the water works.
Shorty has been wanting to be a grandma for awhile now.
She has a hope chest filled w/things to share w/future grandchildren. 
She couldn't believe it and kept saying, "Really?!?! Is this for real?!?!"
Yes mom, it's for real. I wouldn't joke about something like this.
Especially on your wedding anniversary.
I  kept walking by my pregnancy test and smiling :)
I don't know if I was expecting for it to randomly change or what
But I sleep with it on my night stand. Call me weird.

Photo taken on my iPhone
This is how I told Jake:

Explanation:
Our first St. Patrick's Day we were married, I tried to make it look like a leprechaun used our bathroom.
I got a baby footprints stamp and dipped it in a green ink pad and put it around the toilet...
To make it look like the leprechaun used our bathroom :) 
Well, Jake came home from work about 3am and saw the footprints and thought I had an announcement.
Sadly, I didn't have an announcement. 
But I thought it'd be cute to save that idea for when we actually were pregnant!
So, this time I used red footprints.
I wanted to get a pink and blue ink pad, but wasn't gonna go to the store at 10 o'clock at night (yes- that's when I found out).
Slight disclaimer- I realize it may look like blood
but when Jake came home from work (this time) at 3am he saw the footprints and knew immediately.
He said he didn't even need to look at the pregnancy test!
I took the test the night before (06/24 at about 10pm)
so I waited all night
until the wee hours of the night 
for Jake to get home from work

It was THE longest night ever waiting 'til 3am for him to get home.
I felt like a little kid on Christmas Eve waiting for Santa, all over again.

Photo taken on my iPhone


Photo taken on my iPhone

We are just thrilled and cannot wait to be parents!
Blue or pink- what do you think?
I've had a dream it'll be a boy, before I even know I was pregnant, and so did my sister.
I also had a friend tell me she had a dream it'd be a boy.
Hmmmm......

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love notes