12.21.2013

Preggo Eggo Update- Week 20


How many weeks?: 20 weeks and 2 days today. 
Size of Baby: A banana (6.5 inches).  
Maternity Clothes?: I can wear some of my pre-maternity shirts, and they fit comfortably, but I'm afraid they'll be permanently stretched out afterwards hahaha Oops? Needless to say, I don't wear pre-maternity shirts too often for that reason. I stick to stretchy and flow-y. 
Energy Levels: I always thought I'd be feeling worse than I am, for being 20 weeks into my pregnancy, but I'm feeling pretty good.  I kinda started getting tired again this week. Tired as in first trimester sleep coma tired. Uh oh. 
Exercise Habits: Seriously? It's way too cold now. I know I know- Excuses excuses. 
Sleeping?I've given up on that dream. I still wake up 2-3 times a night, and use the restroom. I usually have tingly arms/legs too. I'm normally a side sleeper, but I think now that I'm pregnant, I toss & turn in my sleep (now) more than ever, and I catch myself waking up in the middle of the night ON MY BACK! (gasp). Queue the tingly arms/legs. Between all that, the Tums, and random urges to drink H20 like it's going out of style.... I do not feel rested at all when I wake up. I figure hey- It's just prepping me for parenthood right? I hear babies are on a rough sleep schedule (wink wink). 
Worst Moment in the past 2 weeks: This might sound really bad, but I was really bummed when we had our last appointment two weeks ago. I thought it would be our anatomy ultrasound, so I was pretty bummed to only hear the heartbeat. Like I said- that might sound really bad, but I was bummed to only hear her heartbeat and not see her little face on the screen. 
Best Moment in the past 2 weeks Having Jake feel the baby kick (last Wednesday), and me feeling the baby kick on my hand, other than internally. It's times like this that I always always want to be pregnant. I love it and will miss it when she's not inside swimmin around anymore. 
Miss anything?: Sleep and comfort. Oh the good 'ol days. 
Movement: Oh yeah. I feel her fluttering and kicking around most, when I either lay down flat on my back, or on my side. Other people can feel it too. 
Morning Sickness?: No, I'm just super food sensitive and have to eat every so often. Certain foods still bother me too. That's just all part of the package though, right? (wink wink)
Food Cravings: Everything. Either she's going through a huge growth spirt right now, or I am hahaha Seriously guys. It's bad. 
Food Aversions: Spices and anything spicy. Can't do it= heartburn. 
Showing yet?: I actually had someone ask me the other day, if I was expecting. Like- really? I had to go stand in the mirror and question myself if my bump was questionable. It's definitely not. 
Gender: I'm pretty sure she's still a girl. Guess we'll find out soon at our 20 week anatomy ultrasound (wink wink). 
Labor signs: None, thankfully.
Moods: Oh yeah hi. Bring on the sensitivity this week. Shshsh don't tell Jake I admit that. 
Not Looking Forward to: Child birth. I think about it more and more every day and I fear it. Like the black plague. 
Looking Forward To: Seeing our little babe on the big screen AKA the ultrasound. Oh- And the progress we're making w/our house. Am I allowed to say that? Does my excitement just have to be strictly about my pregnancy?




No comments:

Post a Comment

Love notes