12.12.2013

These are a few of my favorite things

Just thought I'd post a few of my favorite ornaments from our Christmas tree

We got this ornament on our honeymoon to the bahamas. It has real sand on it. 


Jake and I made our ornaments our first Christmas together. I will never get rid of these.

My mom sent us the most beautiful ornament from Things Remembered, for our first Christmas.



My aunt made & had this ordered then sent to us, for our first Christmas


These next few ornaments have pictures in them. 
This photo was one of our engagement photos, and the date we got engaged. 

We both just really liked this picture of us together

And this is a picture of the day we spent all day together on our favorite date (at the Tulip Festival) and then ring shopping. 

This was the first Christmas craft I ever made for me and Jake, when we first got married.
I'll keep this forever too. 
Every year I've been making a new craft. This was my craft for last year (2012)
It's a Noel sign, inspired by Pottery Barn. 
The Pottery Barn one, is made out of real medal, and over $100
This one, is made out of wood from Hobby Lobby, and paint that looks like stained medal.
I think total it cost me a little under $10 :)

Here's the one from Pottery Barn

This was also a craft from last year (2012).
I took my mom's old tin cans she gave me, and gave them a twist.
Now I'll really want to keep these forever.

Photo taken on my iPhone

Here's where the inspiration came from. Pinterest.

Photo taken on my iPhone

I love crafting & baking naturally, but during the holidays, it's almost a rule (in my family) that you spruce it up a bit.
I love the hustle and bustle during the holidays, and I love making a new craft for our family every year.
It's fun to build and add things to our home, bit by bit.
This year, I think I'll make a tree skirt. We need one. Bad.
I don't like buying home decor. I like making it. It's just not the same store bought.
I don't have as much energy this year (being six months pregnant), but I'm still bakin' away!

1 comment:

Love notes