12.21.2013

Preggo Eggo Update- Week 24… or 26 :)

How many weeks?: Well, we had what was supposed to be our 24 week appointment this last Tuesday (12/17), but my doctor told me I was closer to 26 weeks, than 24, so at this point I'm 26 weeks and 6 days. We're just gonna skip over to 26 weeks now :)
Size of Baby: A head of lettuce, 13-15 inches, 1.5-2 pounds.
Maternity Clothes?: Still mainly wearing boots, leggings, and sweaters. I don't have maternity pajamas, so I mainly wear Jake's pajama bottoms, since they're bigger & looser on my hips. 
Energy Levels: I go through spurts. Right now (at this exact moment),I feel pretty great. I'm drinking lots of water, and have my feet elevated to reduce swollen ankles. 
Exercise Habits: None, other than walking around at the office. 
Sleeping?I'm sleeping about 2-3 hours at a time, throughout the night, so not that much sleep goin on here. Jake and I recently ordered a pregnancy body pillow, and that helps align my hips & back, so it relieves pressure/pain on my lower back/sciatic nerve. Other than that, I still get up to use the restroom and stretch/walk around, throughout the night.  
Worst Moment in the past 2 weeks: Pinched sciatic nerve.
Best Moment in the past 2 weeksFinding out I'm measuring almost a two full weeks ahead! This baby girl is long, so I'll take whatever I can to speed up this process. 
Miss anything?: Eating cake batter. I know that may sound silly, but I've done a lot of baking lately (for the holidays) and there's nothing better than raw cake better. Mmmmm
Movement: All the time. Thumper is a very active baby & lives up to her name more & more every day. I love love love feeling her movements, but often wonder what she's doing in there. She must have a big to-do list. The other day (when Jake and I were driving home from our doctor's appointment), I told Jake the best way to describe what I was feeling at that time, was that it felt like she was playing the piano right where my pelvic bone is, and  then thrown in some side kicks every once in awhile. I always see her on my right side, so it's like she was laying on her side, playing the piano, thumping around down low (as always). 
Morning Sickness?: No siree. I'm not so sensitive to any foods at all, really, other than really. 
Food Cravings: Protein. I'm constantly craving meat. A hamburger always sounds good, or steak and potatoes. I'm always down for a delicious dessert too. Cookies are a must in our house!
Food Aversions: I try to avoid greasy foods, if possible. They cause really bad heart burn, which lead to acid reflux. 
Showing yet?: Duh. I started showing between 10-12 weeks, and have only been showing more & more every day. Thumper wanted her presence to be known at a very early stage, and boy has she done just that! I swear, people think I'm due like yesterday. Here's how an awkward conversation went (recently) while at work: 

Lady in the hallway: "When's that baby comin out?" 
Me: "Probably not until the end of March slash early April." 
Lady in the hallway: "Oh." 

I think she thought I was a lot further along than I really was. If she only knew my thumper was in the 87th percentile from her abdomen down. She has some long 'ol legs. 
Stretch Marks?: Just a few. They don't seem to be increasing/getting darker, which is good. I use Tia & Tamera's "Stretchy" cream right after every shower. It smells delicious and does wonders! It's a great moisturizer too, which is especially nice during these dry winters we have up here. The marks that I do have, appeared right at about 15 weeks when Thumper got significantly bigger, and I could feel her flutters/kicks. They seem darker after a shower, but they fade throughout the day. 
Gender: She's still a she.
Labor signs: This last week my stomach got really tight & uncomfortable. I was telling Jake it was like this weird pressure  & tightness that I'd never experienced before. Now that I'm actually sitting here and thinking about it, it might've been Braxton Hicks. 
Moods: I'd say I'm doing pretty good! Maybe it's the holidays?
Not Looking Forward to: My glucose test. The nurse gave me the drink to take home (from our appointment the other day), so I have the pure joy of looking at it every time I open our fridge. I've had most friends tell me it's not that bad, and I've had other people tell me it's the worst thing I'll ever encounter. Great.
Looking Forward To: Getting the results of the glucose test over with and done! That appointment isn't until January 13th though, so it's still a few weeks away, and then (as my doctor reminded me) my appointments will get down to every three weeks, rather than four. Yikaroo. 

I'm six months pregnant and still wearing my wedding ring!
I'm so thankful my hands are not swelling, so I can still wear this beaut.
Photo taken on my iPhone


For some reason, I feel like I look a lot smaller here

Photo taken on my iPhone


And then the picture is taken from a different angle and it's like wow! Bam!

Photo taken on my iPhone


And we're back to not lookin so much like a huge whale again
This is my favorite maternity sweater BTW

Photo taken on my iPhone


And this is how Thumper and I sleep at night.
This pregnancy pillow helps so much w/my lower back. 

Photo taken on my iPhone


Photo taken on my iPhone


No comments:

Post a Comment

Love notes