6.24.2012

You and me go fishin... Not in the dark

Jake and I went fishing last weekend for his birthday
It was my first official time fishing. The other times didn't count
Let's be honest. Casting doesn't count
I have my fishing license now so I feel official

Jake took me to his good luck spot. I was super excited to see it
He and his/our good friend (Jon) used to go here often & catch a lot of fish
so I was super excited, as this was my first real time

We left around 9am Saturday (o6.16) and boy was that early
we normally try to sleep in a little bit longer on the weekends

So we head up the canyon for our fishing adventure
we got up to our turn out & noticed a lot of runners
Great. The Ragnar race was going on
so that slowed us down to about 25 MPH
No big deal. We just kept on truckin along
Well... Then we saw a bunch of bikers and police cars following them
Great. There was a bike race goin on
You can only bike so fast going up hill. So we slowed down again
This time to only about 5 MPH though

We didn't get to Lilly Lake until after 12pm
what was supposed to have been an hour 1/2 drive, was a three hour drive 

Photo taken on my iPhone

Jake caught a fish right away. Of course

I wasn't catching anything, so we decided to leave. We tried river fishing
Jake had a fly fishing pole, so he wanted to use it elsewhere. 
This was his first time fly fishing. We were both on uncharted waters here
Fly fishing= Epic fail
I got even more frustrated fishing in a river. It's just different
I was barely getting the hang of casting in a lake, and casting in a river= so diff.

So we left Lilly Lake and drove down the road to the Provo Falls
ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL 

I've had this goal (for awhile) to capture a picture of a butterfly. Done :) 

Photo taken on my iPhone


After river fishing being an epic fail, we decided to go home. Fail again
there was an accident in the canyon & they had to life flight someone
so there was a lot of traffic & we didn't want to sit & wait in it
We left the river and Provo Falls and decided to go back to Lilly Lake
where we originally started

Guess what?!?! I finally caught a fish! My very first fish!
Jake was a proud papa bear. We were both so excited!!!!
Confession: Jake did the casting. I just stood there and caught it
So, in my opinion, I don't really think I can take full credit
but Jake said it counts :)





Photo taken on my iPhone

Over all, it was a beautifully nice day and I learned some things. Jake and I had a very nice time spending the whole day together. It's always nice (too) when you don't have any cell service :)Lilly Lake, I'm glad you did me proud. I can't wait to go back!.... Until next time :)

2 comments:

  1. Wow, nice going Aubs! You caught your first fish, did you guys have it for dinner???

    ReplyDelete

Love notes