6.26.2012

Jake's Birthday


We celebrated Jake's birthday last Wednesday 06.20
it was such a special day
It was his first married birthday
and it was also our engagement-versary

Jake wanted to go fishing w/his best friend Kyle 
even though we've been fishing every weekend, for the last three weekends :)
and I knew he wanted to be outta here  by 6am so I had to wake up early to prep

I was up pretty late the night before, finishing this banner

Photo taken on my iPhone

I left work a couple hours early, to spend some time with my hubster
We went up to the Living Aquarium in Sandy
we basically wanted to reinact what happened 365 days ago
For those of you who don't know what happened a year ago- We got engaged
obviously
but it's kinda funny how it happened
Long story short- I left work early last year, for Jake's birthday
just like I did this year
and I get a phone call from Jake's sister, saying she's out of class early
She wanted to hang out w/her big brother on his birthday. Of course
So, without even hesitating, I tell her THE MORE THE MERRIER :)
well Jake wasn't very fond of that
Little did I know, he was trying to propose, and I just invited his sister
What can I say? His sister and I were good friends
Well... This year... Jake's brother was in town
so his birthday wouldn't have been a birthday w/o a sibling 

Photo taken on my iPhone

Photo taken on my iPhone

Well... Here we are 365 days later at the (same) Living Planet Aquarium

Photo taken on iPhone

After the aquarium (which Jake loved more than the kids I think) we had sushi
We had sushi last year, as well, so this was perfect
We (then) dropped Jake's brother (Bryan) off at the airport and headed back home

We went to our special park, where we got engaged in Orem

Photo taken on my iPhone

And here's our bench where Jake got down on one knee

Photo taken on my iPhone


Just like last year- I think it's safe to say that Jake had a good birthday. I mean- He got engaged on his birthday. Who wouldn't be happy?!?! Oh- and the reason why he says he proposed on his birthday, is because he says (and I quote) "I share everything with you. Why wouldn't I just share my birthday with you too?" touché


Not only was this our engagement-versary, so it was a special birthday, but Jake also got to go fishing with his best friend, who he hasn't been able to spend much time with lately, so that was nice. Jake's brother/twin was also here. He was here last year, the weekend before his birthday, but this year he was here on his birthday, so that was really special. Bryan (Jake's brother) got Jake some much needed new Five Fingers (shoes) and this really cool handkerchief thing, that they saw at REI the other day. Jake used it on his fishing trip & wore his Five Fingers that day, as well. He loves his new shoes! Thanx Bry! I got Jake a new xbox game, that he's been wanting for awhile. He also lost his microphone for his xbox, so I got him that as well, so he can play with his buddies now. Why do I support this? Kyle got him another year's subscription (for xbox live), so that'll come in handy, when it runs out. Besides all that and birthday cash- The kid was spoiled. 


I can't wait to go back to our special place next year, and to celebrate another wonderful year w/a wonderful person! Here's to many more years for ya Jake :) I love you hubby and I hope I made your day special 'cuz you are very special to me. 

2 comments:

  1. Thanx! Zurchers. They had other colors/themes and it comes with a bunch of letters, so you can have it say whatever you want :)

    ReplyDelete

Love notes