9.29.2012

Apple Crisps

I'm not sure if the label "Craft (s)" is applicable to this post, but I'm doin it

I decided to make apple crisps, the other day. It felt perfect for fall
Hubster hasn't been feeling well & work was miserable for him, so I got in the kitchen
I posted pictures on Instagram and Facebook & some were asking how I did it
I don't have a dehydrator, but I know now I want one.
Anyway

here's how I made the apple crisps:

Pre-heat oven to 350
Slice two Granny Smith apples, into small (thin) slices.
Each slice should have this design in the middle (as shown in below photo). That's how you know you sliced them the right way :)
You may have to poke out the seeds with each slice. I know I did!

photo taken on my iPhone

I (then) soaked the apple slices in a few cups of Apple Juice
(you may have to get a large mixing bowl for this)
I (also) added Cinnamon 

Let apple slices soak for 10-15 minutes then put on a baking rack 
You can (then) put the apple slices in the oven, to bake for about 25 mins.
Depending on how thin you have your apple slices, some slices may burn
(I definitely experienced this!)
Some slices may fall beneath the baking rack. That's okay
Place a baking sheet underneath, just to make sure. It works perfect!
After the slices are done baking, I turned off the oven and took out the slices
After the slices cooled for about ten minutes, I put them back in the oven
Remember: Your oven is off. The slices are just sitting in the warm oven
After the slices sit in the off oven for a few minutes, they were ready to enjoy! YAY
Yes, it's that fast. That easy. AND without dehydrator 

I used my favorite accessory, to store them in. A mason jar.
Yes- These are my favorite and have been for the last year or so
I'm obsessed w/mason jars. They are good for so many things and more!

I crafted up my jar a bit and Wa la! It was ready to be delivered to my honey

Photo taken on my iPhone


I always have extra mason jars lying around. I (also) have extra scrap pieces of material, so I can (pretty much) craft at any time. Ha (maybe this isn't a good idea?) Twine is always good to have on the side. Scrap paper also. Man- I have too many bits and pieces, odd and ends, here and there. If you looked in our spare room and or my craft hall closet, you'd think I'm crazy for storing all these odds and ends. But trust me- They always come in handy. Always. (hello- perfect example above). I did not have to purchase one thing the day I made these apple slices. The apples were already bought, earlier that week, from grocery shopping. We have gallons of apple juice on hand (because I'm addicted- no really). Cinnamon is a basic baking essential (in my opinion), so really- all these things should naturally be lying around one's home. 
An apple a day keeps the doctor away. Right?!?!     (enjoy)

1 comment:

Love notes