10.02.2012

365 days ago

 I cannot believe that we sent out our wedding announcements a year ago
Wow! Time has sure flown by
I still remember the first card/present we got in the mail. Post later on that
I love looking back & reflecting on this time/journey we had. Oh boy
If we only knew what we were in for :) Just kidding of course

These cards (pic. below) were so special to me in our invites. If you got one= You're special

PS- I know it was a lot to ask, for you guys to arrive 30 minutes prior to 8:20
On a Saturday might I add
Trust me when I say- I know. We had to be there earlier than all ya'll 

The wedding announcements were a bit of a hastle. Let's just enjoy them
or we can talk about them so you know
:)

I originally had a very talented friend design them. Epic fail
Not the friend. Not the designing. Me. My indecisiveness 
I wanted everything to be perfect. I wanted to top everything
Most importantly, I wanted to make everyone proud
This was all me. No family was here to help me. No mom, other than phone
Just me. It had to be something that showed all my work

This is the best I could come up with

 The announcements were supposed to be a tan background. Not green
Oh well. Everything else came out decent. I loved the font/color of our names
they were the perfect color of coral, to go along w/the wedding colors
I loved the brown scroll work too. That turned out great
I loved how we worded the announcement too. We announced ourselves :)
(that's proper etiquette for when you're throwing your own wedding)

I spent many hours on Google, trying to figure out proper etiquette 
this is what we came up with

Photo taken on my iPhone

We did beige envelopes to match the wedding colors as well. Loved them!
I found the stickers @ Hobby Lobby (duh!) and they just matched perfectly
so naturally I had to get them to work as envelope seals 
we used clear address labels to address the guests & as return addresses

Photo taken on my iPhone

I loved every bit of sending out the wedding announcements. It was so exciting to me! Even staying up late the night before, stuffing them all in our living room and double checking to make sure the right people got the right sealing invites, was exciting. Ha! I'm exhausted just listening to how much work it was. And we only invited like 50 people to the sealing & sent out like... I dunno- A good couple hundred invites? Yeah- So it wasn't even that many we had to invite to the actual ceremony. But, super paranoid me had to double check everything (twice) just to make sure! We didn't want Joe Shmo coming to the ceremony, and not grandma. Oh- I could just see nightmares in the future.  
Also- We sent out two different pictures. These pictures had to be perfect. Any bride knows this. Your wedding announcements say a lot about yourself. I wanted people to know the theme (vintage) and the colors (coral, tan and brown), by looking at the announcements. I hope I accomplished this!
I also didn't want people (who hadn't ever met me yet) to judge me negatively, when they first look at my picture! Oh- The 14545243284663 thoughts that ran through my head. (is that even a number?)
PS- I've always thought it was tacky to announce where we were registered. Everyone figures you're registered at Target and Bed Bath & Beyond anyway, so I didn't feel the need to put it on there. An announcement, is simply a way of telling people (family/friends) "Hey, we're getting married. Come help us celebrate at our reception and if you're cool enough, we'll send you an invite to the actual ceremony." That's all a wedding announcement is. So, I chose to be less tacky and not put that on there. I just wanted people to know we were tying the knot. 
We still received plenty of gift cards (in the mail) and at our wedding reception. Both, of which were extremely useful/helpful. Promise! And- Sorry if I offended any of you readers out there, by calling you "tacky." I just didn't want people to think that's why we were sending out invites. 
* side note * I've been on Pinterest several times, looking for ideas of what to do w/extra wedding announcements. Nothin yet. My creative juices need to get rollin on this! I have OCD when it comes to storing things for a certain amount of time. They must go, all!
And- if you're reading, I hope we sent out an invite to you. If not- I'm sorry. We have plenty of extra invites, that I could send to you 365 days later? 

1 comment:

  1. First let me share one thing :) I loved your wedding, and second let me tell you. We cut up our wedding announcements in strips where the wording was, and put them in a clear christmas tree class ball!

    ReplyDelete

Love notes