8.05.2012

Hotel Strain

It's summer time. I've just come to terms that it's busy time in the summer
regardless
I'm okay with it. Honestly
busy is good

When our friends ask us what we're doing on the weekends, I've had the same answer
We have family in town again. Great excuse to get out of something right?
Literally guys. We're not trying to lie or ditch you all
We've literally had family in town every single weekend

Allow me to give you the low down since May
We got home from our ten day vacation to California, on Monday May 28th
I know I've posted some previous notes before, but I'll run through it all

We return Monday, May 28th (Memorial Day)
Jake's brother (Bryan) flies in (for interviews) Thursday May 30th
and flies out Sunday June 3rd
My sisters come down (just for fun) Friday June 8th
and leave Sunday June 10th
We had the weekend of June 16th to ourselves for Jake's birthday
we planned it that way
Bryan flew in again Sunday June 17th and left Wednesday June 20th
We had a wedding the weekend of June 23rd. That was marked out for everyone
Jake's family came up for the 4th of July and to help Bryan move
They arrived early morning on the 4th of July and left on Sunday June 8th
We had Bryan staying with us, since he just moved up here and needed a place
so he was with us all week and all weekend
Jake loved it. They did a lot of fishing and working out together
PS we were supposed to go to Logan on Sunday July 1st but Jake had hives
so we rescheduled for the following Sunday (July 8th) but Jake had hives again
* more post on that later *
(My cousin lives in Logan w/her husband, so we were going to spend time w/her and their two cute little girls)
epic fail
So we get Bryan all moved into his place. I think he was excited to leave ours

Hotel Strain gets a little bit of a break. I work Saturday July 14th
(I'm required to work any one Saturday/month for just four hours)
Jake's mom and sister came back up on Wednesday July 18th
They brought up Bryan's dogs and stayed until Friday July 20th
My sisters came down Friday July 20th while Jake leaves to go camping/backpacking w/Bry
My sisters and I went shopping all day Saturday
* more post on that later *
 My sisters leave Monday July 23rd before traffic gets crazy for Pioneer Day
My youngest brother (Austin) flies in just a few days later for EFY
We pick him up at the airport on Saturday July 28th
* more post on that later *
and Austin leaves the following Saturday (August 4th

Here are some photos that took place before July 20th 

We took Jake's family up to our favorite place to fish, Lilly Lake

Photo taken on my iPhone

Papa Joe and Bryan

Photo taken on my iPhone

Remember how I said Jake's had hives?
Well... His doctor said he's pretty sure his immune system is just attacking itself
We've had many doctor trips throughout the month of June and July
it's been scary and a never ending process it feels
but we're anxiously awaiting some blood work, that will hopefully have some answers
We've seen it all. Our normal family doctor, an allergy doctor, and an ER doctor
hopefully someone will have some answers soon
Jake's poor body has just been shot. He's completely exhausted all the time

Photo taken on my iPhone

When you're cooped up inside w/a husband whose face randomly swells w/hives
it's nice to be outside sometimes

Photo taken on my iPhone

When we had Bryan staying w/us he cooked amazing vegetables. I love veggies!
He cooked brussels sprouts, which I had never had before, and I loved it!
Anything is good with bacon right?!?! Oh yeah

Photo taken on my iPhone

We Skyped with Jake's family one night. That was fun!!!
Marylyn (oldest sister) was even on another computer so we could all talk!!!!

Photo taken on my iPhone

Jake's parents brought me a belated birthday present. I love it!
I got a cake ball molding kit. I love to bake and this has already been wonderful!
I made cake balls the next weekend and took them into work. Trial run.
I decorated them with bright, summer sprinkles. Everyone loved them!
success 

Photo taken on my iPhone

Jake's mom and sister came back up to Utah to drop off Bryan's dogs
So we went up Rock Canyon one night 
we saw some rock climbers & collected rocks

Photo taken on my iPhone

Photo taken on my iPhone


For all you readers out there, know you'll always have a place to stay, when you come to Utah. Hotel Strain at your service.

1 comment:

  1. Utah is one of the most beautiful and enjoyable places for friends, families and lovers. There is something in Utah for everyone, and adventure around every corner. Utah is often touted by its visitors as one of the most beautiful places on earth.

    St George Utah Hotel

    ReplyDelete

Love notes