4.03.2013

Christmas DIY

This Christmas was definitely a DIY since we had so much going on

I made these necklaces (listed below) for all the girls in our family... and then some :)
Thanx Pinterest :)

There were a couple different style necklaces I put together
All the cousins matched and all the aunties matched

This is the necklace all the aunties got:

I had to get chains @ Hobby Lobby which were $9.95
It was $4.49 for three packages of links @ Hobby Lobby
and $5.26 for the 10 mm washer @ Lowe's
They ended up costing me $19.70 total which brought it to $3.94/person
and I made five of these necklaces total
I also painted the washers various different colors, using nail polish. So easy! 
You can wear this necklace two different ways.
One way with color, and one way with the silver. 

This is the necklace all the cousins got:

I had to get washers @ Lowe's which were $37.08 for 50 
and it was $1.50 for ribbon @ Hobby Lobby
I ended up getting two different colors of ribbon.
One color was the coral (pictured above) and the other color was cream.
The cream ended up looking real elegant & classy. I wish I would've taken a picture! Dangit- sorry
The color is just bright & fun. I made one for myself and love it!
These necklaces ended up costing me $38.58 total and I made four

I made a Mickey Mouse link bracelet, for my one sister (who is obsessed with Disney.) 
I didn't take a picture of the finish product, but the inspiration came from this Pinterest:

This bracelet ended up costing me $14.43 so not too cheap but still.
Cheaper than what Disney will offer ;) 
It was $4.26 for the Disney stickers @ Archiver's (letters)
$2.39 for stickers @ Hobby Lobby (the mickey heads) 
$1.79 for the actual bracelet @ Hobby Lobby
and $5.99 for the magic Mod Podge 

I made a ribbon bracelet for my other sister. Again- no picture. Don't hurt me.
It's the same as the ribbon necklace above, just a bracelet :)
Why did I make a bracelet, instead of a necklace, you ask...
The sister preferred a bracelet over a necklace. That simple
It ended up costing me $4.44 total
I just got faux leather, from Hobby Lobby, instead of ribbon, and used 12 washers from Lowe's.

Total for Christmas= $77.15 for 11 girls which put me at about $7 per girl. I'll say I did all right.
And they were all home made, which makes it even better, right?!?!

I also made the gift tags. Again- no picture though :( I know I know
but I got the inspiration from Pinterest yet again

This project was free. 
You can go to any hardware store & they'll have free paint chips
so I got all red & green paint chips and taped popsicle sticks to the back
(I already had the popsicle sticks from Hobby Lobby)
The above picture shows a star at the top of the tree. I hole punched a hole and strung a ribbon through it and tied it with a bow to hang from the gift bag. 

Oh- and I made this for my brother and his girlfriend (now fiancĂ©)
A fun little date night jar w/creative dates.
I'm sure you all have seen this. I put my own little twist on mine and color coordinated the red white & green sticks.
ie- the red were more expensive dates & required more planning
the green sticks had "at home" date night ideas
and the white was things to do away from home but less expensive



What a great, fun, crafty and cheap Christmas! Thanx again Pinterest, Hobby Lobby and Lowe's. My three favorite things :) besides my husband of course. 

1 comment:

Love notes