4.13.2013

Do the Dew

I've been a little on edge all day and super sensitive
It was real cold, windy and gloomy up here all day
I think I finally figured out why
Today would've been my grandpa's 82nd birthday
so here goes 

We were driving back from out of town today, and stopped for lunch just before three. G'ma definitely would've been upset it was that late, but there wasn't really much we could've done. We weren't surrounded by very much, so when I asked if we could stop to use the restroom (after we reached civilization), we just happened to stop at a gas station that had a Taco Bell connected to it. Guess what we had for lunch today :) Yup- you guessed it.

My favorite drink from Taco Bell- Baja Blast

I feel like g'pa is with us often. Not only can I just hear/say him saying funny things at times, but my husband fits in our family PERFECTLY, with his Mountain Dew addiction, so we think of g'pa often.

This is what I'll always remember my g'pa as



I love you forever and will miss you always XoXo Aubers

Thank you for putting me to sleep, by walking me around the block (with me on shoulders), and for giving me the most wonderful baby blessing, a baby could ask for. You are a wonderful example of what a father figure should be and I thank my lucky stars to have a grandpa as great as you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love notes