4.14.2013

Valentine's Day (two months later)

I was never much of a huge Valentine's Day fan
until I got married
and this is how we celebrated this year

I got Jake some much loved treats. These are all his favorite

Photo taken on my iPhone

I filled Mason Jars with carmel filled Hershey kisses

Photo taken on my iPhone

I also made these little treat bags for my team at work
They were filled with purple (grape) and pink (watermelon) taffy

Photo taken on my iPhone

I decorated our bedroom (the night before V-Day) 
and filled it with 14 red balloons

Photo taken on my iPhone

At the bottom of each balloon, was a favorite past time of ours, in a black & white picture.
On the back of the picture, was a reason why I love him
Cheesy- I know

Photo taken on my iPhone

When I came home from work the next day (Valentine's Day) our bed was covered with red & white rose pedals

Photo taken on my iPhone

Jake decided the balloons were a nice touch (with the pictures) so he put them back in our room, on our bed.

Photo taken on my iPhone

Jake also got me flowers, which he always does on Valentine's Day.
His flowers are always very well thought out, too.
They always have significant meaning.
He never just buys a pre-arranged floral arrangement from the floral shop.
He picks out all his flowers individually, with a vase.
And there's always a flower (or two) from our wedding.

Photo taken on my iPhone

Jake made an early dinner reservation for a restaurant we've been wanting to try for awhile.
It's literally around the corner & down the street from where we live.

Photo taken on my iPhone


There was a special menu for the night (for the Valentine's Day holiday), so we each got an appetizer, salad, main course and dessert.
And of course- Dr. Pepper
Seriously- Every bite... Amazing. I would say it was a foodgasm

Photo taken on my iPhone

It was so romantic. A definite well deserved night out

Photo taken on my iPhone

We talk about going back to Chefs Table, often, for special occasions. I cannot WAIT to go back and have another great experience. This restaurant had an amazing view of the mountain with snow on it, and it was just beautiful watching the sun go down with my sweetheart. I feel like every day is Valentine's Day with him. He has such a loving, forgiving personality and I'm so thankful he's mine for eternity. We may or may not have gone home and baked that night. And no, that is not code word for anything. Although, there was some of that too ;)  

2 comments:

  1. i love all the valentines you made! and the balloons with the pictures/reasons on them is such a cute idea!

    ReplyDelete

Love notes