4.24.2013

Santa Monica

After taking family photos for the wedding, we headed down to the pier.
When I say we, I mean my husbter and two sisters.
The four of us pretty much stuck together all weekend. It was nice

The weather was perfect. A little windy, but then again the pier's usually windy.
It was so nice to soak in the warm sunshine, and smell the ocean breeze.











It was such a bright, sunny day and I already want to go back. Really mission California today. The pier was so much fun, and we really enjoyed just walking around people watching. You can always do that in LA
Besides- Every time Jake and I have gone home to visit, we've never really had time to go in the water, besides the pool at my parents house. So, this time, we knew we'd have to pay the ocean a visit. Though we weren't there very long, it was still nice to just soak up the sea breeze & stick our toes in the sand. Jake is such an outdoorsie person, so he definitely enjoyed it. I just love soaking up the California sun shinnin rays. 
After the pier, we made our way back to the freeway. We should've just taken the 10 which is right by the pier, but instead, we thought the 405 would have less traffic, so we made our way back to the 405, which is only about six miles away from the Santa Monica Pier, but in LA traffic (on a Friday afternoon) right before 5 o'clock rush hour, it took us an hour 1/2 to get back to the 405 fwy. The 10 and the 405 looked like they both had about the same amount of traffic, according to our phones, so we sucked it up and sat in LA traffic for an hour 1/2 and boy did my husband go cuh-razy! Our little rental car had the wimpiest little horn and my bark was definitely bigger than my bite. I tried to make the most of the traffic, but everyone was just real anxious to be out of the car, and we weren't even in our home town for the wedding reception yet!
Needless to say, we were 45 minutes late to the reception. Oops

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love notes